Monday, May 9, 2016

Captain America: Civil War- Movie Review


SPIDER MAN. BLACK PANTHER. FIGHTING. LET'S GET INTO THIS.

If you couldn't tell from my excessive use of caps lock, Marvel's Civil War finally hit theaters and I've already seen it twice. Although my wallet is slightly sad, my emotions are through the roof because this movie was absolutely awesome. I left this theater both times with a smile on my face and with my expectations superseded.

Without spoiling anything, the two new characters, Spider Man and Black Panther, are absolutely awesome. They fit in perfectly into the MCU and especially with the Avengers. Chadwick Boseman and Tom Holland are incredible actors and both present the MCU with such opportunity for the future. They were both giant highlights of this film and not because they were new. Yes, it's always exciting to get new characters. But they were highlights because they knocked their performances out of the park. They were both fantastic and both offer some of the best moments of the film.

In terms of the rest of the cast, we all knew the character returning were going to be awesome. Everybody was on point in this movie, especially Sebastian Stan who plays Bucky. I really bought into the Bucky conflict during this movie and Bucky is starting to become one of my favorite characters in the MCU. Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. were both fantastic as well. Their conflict felt really personal and to be honest, it was really hard to pick a side. Also, Paul Rudd's performance as Ant Man. That's all I'm going to say about that. If you've seen the movie, you know exactly what I'm talking about. He's one of the best parts of this film.

The action in this movie was next level. This is one of the best action films I've ever seen. The airport scene shown in the trailers is one of the best fights in movie history. It's so chaotic but emotional because you care about every character. Every character gets their moment to shine and it's just purely awesome. Their also a chase scene involving Black Panther, Bucky, and Captain America which is insane. It's literally one of the craziest things I've ever seen in film. The action was beyond awesome in this movie and it really showed how much effort Marvel puts into their films. They didn't half-ass a single thing (I'M LOOKING AT YOU BATMAN V. SUPERMAN). 

The main villain and plot were also exceptional. I personally thought Daniel Brühl, who portrayed Zemo, was one of the better MCU villains because his motivation was very clear and personal. The story of the entire film was also good, but also felt incomplete to me. That's the only lowlight of this film for me. You walk away from it with a lot of questions that will be answered but there's not a ton of closure. I know this story will expand into other movies, I was just hoping for definite conclusion.

Guys, this movie is just unreal. It will have you laughing and it will also having you gripping your seat. The Russo Brothers are just unreal directors and they brought an amazing film into the MCU. Go see this movie a trillion times because it deserves every dollar.

Rating: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment